Responding to emergencies is at the heart of Muntada Aid’s mission. Stationed in some of the world‘s hot spots, we are able to rapidly respond to a crisis along with our well rooted local partners, providing vital essential supplies to those affected.
In the event of natural disasters, forced displacement or armed conflict, we work with local, national and international partners to respond rapidly to save lives and reduce harm, whilst meeting the immediate needs of the most vulnerable households. We provide essential shelter, food, clean water and healthcare to help people through the difficult first days and weeks.
After the immediate crisis period, we work with affected communities to ensure their long-term recovery and resilience.
Being there when it matters is important to us. Which is why are proud to have:
- Responded to the Darfur crisis by providing medical and malnutrition programs,
- Responded to the worst draught crisis to hit Somalia in 2011 by sending shipments of aid,
- Responded to the biggest humanitarian crisis of our time in Syria,
- Responded to the humanitarian crisis that followed the conflict in Mali in 2012,
- Responded to those fleeing persecution and ethnic cleansing in the Central African Republic in 2014,
- Responded to the Eritrean refugees in Sudan who have been forgotten by many for the last 30 years.
And we will continue to respond where there is a need.